5. 10. 2021

FAQ – post 11

I work in the Czech Republic on an employee card, and I want to change employers. Is it possible?

Yes, it is. But, if it is your first employee card, you can change employers only 6 months after the decision to issue an employee card takes effect (however, there are exceptions, such as termination of employment for health reasons, the employer’s organizational reasons, non-payment of wages and some others). It is always necessary to terminate the employment in writing. If you have a card that is issued under one of the governmental programmes (e.g., the Programme for Qualified Employees), the conditions to change an employer are different!

To ensure that changing your employer goes without problems, consult with a lawyer on your situation, or one of the non-profit organizations working with foreigners, or call our SOS line.